The term sexual health is a lot more than just avoiding unplanned pregnancies and diseases. Along with this, it is about identifying that sex might be a relevant aspect of your life, as per the various researches and studies conducted on the same.
Sexuality and sex are the normal parts of your life. Besides reproduction, sex can also be about pleasure and intimacy. Masturbation, PVI (penile-vaginal intercourse), or sexual activity, can provide plenty of surprising advantages to all aspects of one’s life –
Some of the major advantages that you can acquire from sex are –
- Burning calories
- Lowering your blood pressure
- Strengthening muscles
- Increasing heart health
- Increasing libido
- Reducing the risk of stroke, hypertension, as well as heart disease
Those people who live a sexually active life tend to more frequent exercise and also have better fitter dietary habits than those who do not. Always remember that physical fitness might also improve overall sexual performance. Sex can also prove to be a good cardiovascular exercise in both younger women and men. Although it is not enough exercise on its own, one can consider it as a light exercise.
According to a study, sexual activity can offer partial or full relief from cluster headaches and migraines.
Below-mentioned are the statistics of those were living a sexually active life during the attacks –
- 70% reported an average to absolute relief during the migraine
- According to 60% of people, there was an improvement during the migraine
- 91% of people stated moderate to overall relief in the cluster headaches
- 37% reported an improvement in the symptoms of cluster headaches
In the study about immunity in those people who are involved in the romantic relationships, those people who had sex 1or 2 times in a week contained more IgA i.e., immunoglobulin into their saliva as compared to those who had sex less than once in a week. Regarding the same, IgA is an antibody which helps in the prevention of illness as well as proved to be the first line of defense against HPV or human papillomavirus.
Furthermore, those people who had sex over 3 times in a week contained the same quantity of IgA as those people who had the infrequent sex. As per the study, stress and anxiety can perhaps cancel out the positive impact of sex.
Several reports recommend that the sexual activity (described as PVI) might correlate –
- The increased level of intimacy, love, and trust in your relations
- Enhanced satisfaction with one’s mental health
- Decreased use of the immature psychological defense mechanism, or metal procedures for reducing distress from the emotional conflict
- Improved ability to identifying, expressing, and perceiving emotions
Sexual activity, through masturbation or with the partner, can offer important emotional and psychological benefits. Just like exercise, sex can also help in reducing anxiety and stress as well as increasing happiness. sexologist near me