Sex therapy is a Unique and Specialized Type of Professional Counseling which focuses on helping people address their concerns about sex.
This includes issues such as:
- Low Desire or Desire Discrepancies.
- A difficulty with Getting Aroused.
- Inability to Reach Orgasm.
- Pain with Intercourse.
- Vaginismus (Vaginal Spasms which make Intercourse Impossible).
- Erection Difficulties.
- Early or Delayed Ejaculation.
- Unusual Sexual Desires or Behaviors.
- Sexually Compulsive Behavior.
- Feelings of Inhibition / Even Aversion to Sex.
- Sexual Identity or Orientation Issues
In Sex Therapy, we talk about your concerns. Sexual activity is NEVER a part of your actual therapy session. I will give you and your spouse exercises to do at home, which we will talk about in your sessions. Any therapist who engages in any form of sexual activity in session (or with clients at any time) is breaking a fundamental ethical rule. I will help you understand more about your sexual functioning and feelings, and help move you to a better relationship with sex and your sexuality. I may also provide information about anatomy, sexual response, and healthy sexual functioning.
Causes Of Low Libido
- Unrealistic Expectations About Sex, Relationships & Romance.
- Difficulty Relaxing.
- Stress Due to Overloaded Schedules and Lack of Time.
- Relationship Conflicts.
- General or Emotional Disconnection from Your Partner.
- Anxiety or Depression.
- Unfulfilling Sexual Practices or Sexual Problems.
- Sexual Shame from being raised to believe Eex is “Dirty”.
- History of Sexual abuse as a child or teen, or date rape.
- Demands of childbearing and rearing leading to exhaustion.
- Sexual boredom or issues with your partner’s technique or approach.
- Lack of attraction to your partner.
- Physical illness, hormonal issues, and some medications.